Great mix of fresh flavors for halibut or you next fish.
Sautéed Halibut with K-4 Butter
Recipe type: Seafood Entree
K-4 Sunshine Mango hot sauce adds layers of fascinating flavors in this compound butter. Terrific on halibut!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 green onions chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons K-4 (mango habanero sauce)
- 2 (6 oz.) halibut fillets or steaks
- K-4 Compound Butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-tablespoon ginger root, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of K-4 (mango habanero sauce; add more for desired intensity of flavor)
- Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, parsley, green onions, thyme and K-4 in a shallow dish. Add the halibut and turn to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning a few times.
- Prepare the K-4 Compound Butter:
- Place the softened butter, sliced green onions, ginger, lemon juice and K-4 sauce in a food processor. Blend until smooth and all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Melt enough K-4 butter in a sauté pan to just cover the bottom. When bubbling, sauté the the halibut for 3-4 minutes and carefully turn. Continue to sauté just until the fish is done, about 2-3 minutes. Plate the halibut and place more K-4 butter on top. Serve with sushi-style rice and your choice of fresh vegetables.