This is an incredibly easy recipe that results in a pile of delicious, tender pork that can have many uses. Terrific in tacos, burritos, home-made tamales, or enchiladas. A wonderful base (along with the broth) for soups and stews such as pozolé. Yes, you really only need to use the K-Sauces – the flavor is wonderful. If you are a tinkerer, you can add addition seasonings if you insist, but it really isn’t necessary. This is a perfect balance of the smokiness of Chipotles in K-5 Chipotle and the Bhut Jolokia spice of K-3 Be Afraid!!.
When preparing the pork shoulder, there is no need to trim the fat or remove any of the connective tissue. This slow braising process breaks down the collagen, elastin and other connective fibers into natural gelatin, which adds richness to the stock. As mentioned, it is easy to remove the fat from the broth when chilled. You will find many uses for this pork and it will likely become a staple in your kitchen.
- 4-5 Lbs Pork shoulder, whole, boneless
- 1 bottle 10 oz K-3 Be Afraid!! Sauce
- 1 bottle 10 oz K-5 Chipotle Sauce
- Separate the whole boneless pork shoulder into two 4-5 lb portions
- Place one portion into a dutch oven with a tight fitting lid
- Cover the pork evenly with one 10 oz bottle each of K-3 Be Afraid!! and K-5 Chipotle..
If you are a tinkerer, you can add addition seasonings if you insist, but it really isn’t necessary. This is a perfect balance of the smokiness of Chipotles in K-5 and the Bhut Jolokia spice of K-3